Festung Hohensalzburg (II) Festung Hohensalzburg (II) / / gallery 
20090615at12
Looking west across the northward face of the fortress. Construction of the fortress began in 1077 under the city's archbishop as just a basic bailey with wooden walls; successive archbishops expanded the castle to protect their interests.
LOCATION: Salzburg
DATE: Mon, 15/06/2009
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18
« start    < prev    .    next >    end »