Lefkos Pyrgos Lefkos Pyrgos / / gallery 
20080602gr02
On the waterfront is the White Tower of Thessaloniki, built in the 15th century by the Ottomans. When the city was annexed to Greece in 1912 from the Ottomans, it was whitewashed (since removed), giving it its current name. Today it houses a small museum of Byzantine culture.
LOCATION: Thessaloniki
DATE: Mon, 02/06/2008
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 13 | ... | 23 | ... | 33
« start    < prev    .    next >    end »