Agia Sofia (II) Agia Sofia (II) / / gallery 
20080602gr05
The delicate brickwork of the church's southern wall. It was coverted back from a mosque in 1912 when the city was annexed to Greece from the Ottoman Empire: the church was damaged in the Great Fire of 1917 and was only restored in 1980. It was Heritage-listed in 1988.
LOCATION: Thessaloniki
DATE: Mon, 02/06/2008
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 13 | ... | 23 | ... | 33
« start    < prev    .    next >    end »