Agios Dimitrios (ext, II) Agios Dimitrios (ext, II) / / gallery 
20080602gr07
Looking across the courtyard at the western end of the church of Saint Demetrius; it was converted into a mosque in 1493 under Ottoman rule. The church required decades of restoration after severe damage from the Great Fire of 1917. It was Heritage-listed in 1988.
LOCATION: Thessaloniki
DATE: Mon, 02/06/2008
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | 23 | ... | 33
« start    < prev    .    next >    end »